OVERDRIVE FOR DOWNLOADABLE EBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS
The Libby app is a new, one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from the Summit Library.
This free app, created by Overdrive, is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10 devices. All you need to get started is an internet connection, a Summit library card, and these steps:
- Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and find the Summit Free Public Library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
- Browse the Library's collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You'll need to enter your library barcode number to complete this step.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you're offline. From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
If you have any questions, please call or visit the Reference desk.
For more help using OverDrive for specific devices, click here.
To access our full catalog of ebooks and eaudiobooks, go to https://elibrarynj.overdrive.com/