You don't have to wait until the spring to practice your skills for the PARCC. Consider trying Lumos Step Up to learn a new Math or Language Arts concept.
All you need is your library card and a valid e-mail address in order to create an account for free.
Summative Assessments: You can take full length practice tests for each individual section of either Math or English Language Arts on any grade level form 3-8th grade. Summative assessment questions are assigned at random.
- You can select to take the full test
- You can select to take the test based on only easy or medium questions, or both.
- You can select to take a partial test with a specific amount of questions.
Once you begin the assessment, the time you have taken for each problem is written on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
When you finish your assessment, click the Results button on the bottom of the screen. You will see the problems that you have answered correctly and incorrectly, and explanations will be given for all correct answers.
Practice Tests: You can practice your skills on any topics presented in the Summative Assessments.
Other things you can do with Lumos:
- Lumos has written instruction and tutorial videos created by certified teachers on the following additional subjects
- Basic to advanced math skills for Grades 3-8
- The basics of how to write a story, or how to write a better story.
- The basics of how to write an essay, or how to write a better essay.
- How to take notes in class
- The basics of active listening
- The 7 habits of Highly Effective Students