Thanks to a donation from the Friends of the the Library, the Summit Library is excited to offer our patrons a full subscription to Lynda.com, the world's top site for learning technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. With an active Summit Library card you have access to thousands of high quality videos taught by top-notch instructors who know their stuff, and know how to teach it! You create your own account, track your progress and even earn certificates to show others you are keeping your skills razor-sharp.
Try it out at the library, in your home, on your tablet, and even through your smartphone. Create your own lynda.com account today. Enter your library barcode number, and your PIN is the last four digits of your barcode number. You'll get hooked, and be smarter for it!
What is it?
Lynda.com is a web-based video subscription service that provides courses for learning the latest commercial software, creative and business skills.
How does it work?
The Library's lynda.com subscription allows patrons access from library computers or your desktop, mobile and tablet devices. You will need your library card and your library card account PIN.
- More than 3000+ courses with 129,942 video tutorials. Most tutorials last several hours but are broken into multiple chapters.
- Software like MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Web design: Web graphics, Interactive Design, Prototyping and more.
- Social media and web publishing tools like Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress.
- Photography: Lighting and Photographing a Still Life, Photography 101: Shooting in Low Light, GIMP:Essential Training
- Business and career skills - productivity, marketing, time management and more.Job Search Tools: with Resume design, Searching for Positions, Working with Recruiters and more.
- Courses for all levels cover technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Courses may also include exercise files (practice), closed captioning and text transcripts.
How do I start?
Click here to be directed to the Summit Free Public Library Lynda portal. You will be asked to create a LyndaLibrary account by entering your library barcode and PIN, which will allow you to track your progress through your tutorials. For Summit Free Public Library cardholders only.
Want to know more?