The Library strives to keep up with all of your business and personal documentation needs. We have two photocopiers, black & white and color, offer remote printing capabilities, faxing, and scanning. Please see below for more information about each of our services.
We have two photocopiers in the library. A black & white copier is next to the Circulation Desk, under the clock. Letter or legal-size (8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14) copies are 10¢ each. A color photocopier is in the Quiet Reading Area, next to the Administration Office. 8.5 x 11 (letter) copies are 30¢ each and 8.5 x 14 (legal) are 40¢ each.
PRINTING FROM WITHIN THE LIBRARY
Printing costs 10¢ per page for black & white (letter-size only).
Color printouts are 30¢ per page for letter-size and 40¢ per page for legal-size.
PrinterOn makes our printers accessible without having to connect to our network or install printer drivers. Submit documents or photos for printing from any smartphone, tablet or laptop. Come to the library within 24 hours to release and pick up your document with your email address.
- $.10 per page for black and white
- $.30 per page for letter-sized color
- $.40 per page for legal-sized color.
How to use PrinterOn from a PC:
- Begin by clicking HERE.
- Choose your printer: Black and White, Color Letter, or Color Legal.
- Enter your email address.
- Browse your computer to find the file you wish to print.
- Click the grey arrow to continue.
- Fill in your preferences and click the grey arrow to continue.
- Approve the print job by clicking on the green print icon.
- See the status of your print job and a reference number.
- Within 24 hours, come to the Library to retrieve your print job at the Print Station near the Reference desk.
How to print an email using PrinterOn:
To print an email message or attachment, simply forward your email to:
- Black and White Printer: This email address is being protected from spambots.
- Color Printer, Letter-Sized: This email address is being protected from spambots.
- Color Printer, Legal-Sized: This email address is being protected from spambots.
You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment. Use these release codes to retrieve your documents. Email forwarding is ideal for online email portals such as Yahoo!, Hotmail or Google Mail.
(As an alternative, you may do a one-time install of PrintWhere, a universal print driver. You can use PrintWhere to print from any Windows application, such as Microsoft Outlook. PrintWhere is free, and can be downloaded from www.printeron.net)
How to use the PrinterOn App on a mobile device or tablet:
- Install the PrinterOn App on your mobile device or tablet.
- Open the PrinterOn App.
- Click No printer selected.
- Click Search. Search for 07901.
- Find SFPL Maple Street and click on the printer you wish to send your job to – Black and White, Color Letter, or Color Legal. Note: You may save your printer choice by tapping on the "i" icon on the bottom left.
To print a document:
When viewing the document, click in the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn App.
To print a photo from your phone:
Open the app, click on “photo” and select a photo to print.
To print from the web:
- Open the app, click web and enter the URL of the site you wish to print.
- Select which printer you wish to print to.
- Click the print icon in the upper right corner.
- Enter an email address and click on the check mark.
- You will receive a notice that the job started, and shortly after another message stating “Job Success”.
- Within 24 hours, come to the Summit Free Public Library to retrieve your print job.
- Click here for the PrinterOn service. Prices are the same using PrinterOn as for in-house printing.
A self-service fax machine is located next to the color photocopier. The cost to send a fax in the U.S. is $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. Payment can be made with credit or debit cards. To pay with cash, purchase a fax card at the Reference Desk. The fax machine will not accept incoming faxes.
The Library now offers a scanner for public use, located near the Reference Desk. Any kind of document or picture can be scanned and converted to an electronic file. It can then be saved to a flash drive, printed, or emailed. In addition to operating in flatbed mode; the scanner has a document feeder that allows multiple pages (one- or two-sided) to be scanned at once. Use of the scanner is free, but standard fees apply for printing (10¢ per page for black and white printouts, 30¢ per page for color).