Job Title: Part-time Librarian, Adult Services, 15-19 hrs/wk. TEMPORARY POSITION AUGUST – DECEMBER 2017. Weekday hours required. Evening/weekend hours as needed. Recent MLS (or equivalent) graduates welcome.
Provides excellent customer service at a busy reference desk including general reference and reader’s advisory services.
Representative Job Duties:
• Provide reference service and reader’s advisory at the adult reference desk.
• Assist patrons in the use of the public computers and electronic resources.
• Assist patrons with personal electronic devices.
• Assist patrons in using photocopiers and other equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements: ALA accredited Masters of Library Service and NJ Professional Librarian’s Certificate. Knowledge of computers and technology trends. Looking for a flexible individual with strong customer service and communication skills.
Compensation: NJLA minimum hourly rate, no benefits. All part-time employees are employed on an at-will basis.
Deadline for Applications: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume to This email address is being protected from spambots.. Summit Free Public Library, 75 Maple St., Summit, NJ 07901.